Slab Concrete Repair 10.5oz
- Brand:Sashco Caulkings
- Product Code:SCR14
- Availability:In Stock
- 12 or more $8.29
• Filler Rope™ or other backer rod
• Drill-mounted brush or stiff bristled brush (grunt grunt “More power!”) for cleaning out the crack
• Caulk gun
• Utility knife for opening the caulking cartridge
• Putty knife or foam brushes for tooling (or your trusty finger)
• Damp rags for clean-up
• Some jammin’ crack sealing tunes to make the work go faster
Clean the crack
If you want your caulking job to stick and stretch for years to come, make sure you clean out old caulk, dirt, sidewalk chalk, dandelions, ant colonies and other contaminants.
Insert Filler Rope™
Any crack that’s deeper than 1/2” and wider than 1/4” needs Sashco’s Filler Rope™ or some other type of backer rod so the caulking will properly stretch, and so you use less caulking.
Apply the caulk
Be smooth about it now. A steady hand will save you clean-up later. Make sure the bead is at least 1/4” thick but no more than 1/2” thick to allow it to stretch correctly (too thin and it’ll tear, too thick and it’ll be too rigid).
Tool (smooth) the caulk
Use a damp foam brush, a putty knife, or your trusty finger to create a good-lookin’ bead and ensure the caulk is sticking to the sides of the joint properly.
Use soap and water to clean up skin and tools. Stand back and admire your handy work. Invite your neighbors over to show them, too.
Step outside and you’re likely to see a concrete crack in less than two seconds flat. They’re in driveways, sidewalks, garages, patios, pool decks, and basements. Cracks harbor weeds and anthills, and cause toe injuries (ouch!). They’re eyesores that never seem to go away. Changes in temperature, moisture, shifting soils, and traffic only make them worse. Enough is enough! Just say no to cracks. Use Slab®: The Serious Fix for Concrete Cracks. Slab® is an easy-to-apply water-based sealant that really stretches – up to 300% of original crack size! – to create a permanent, weatherproof repair that stands the test of time. Your knees and back will thank you for using a product that won’t require repeated repairs year after year. Slab® sticks, stretches, and stays to banish concrete cracks for good.
• Moves with your concrete: Extremely elastic to
move with your concrete through changes due to shifting soils,
temperature, moisture, and traffic to create a weatherproof seal that
banishes dandelions, anthills, and other unsightly crack dwellers.
• Cuts down on repeated repairs: Just say no to brittle, cracked concrete repairs. In addition to extreme elasticity, Slab® is specifically formulated with tenacious adhesion to concrete. This perfect balance of sticking and stretching translates into repairs that last for years, not just months.
• Won’t stick out: Textured and colored to blend in with aged concrete for a seamless appearance.
• Easy to use: Easy to smooth and clean-up with water. No special chemicals required.
• OK to leave in your unheated garage overnight: Freeze-thaw stable through 10 cycles.
Available Sizes: 10.5 oz. Cartridge
Available Colors: Gray