System Three GelMagic Epoxy Adhesive 1.5 pt Kit
- Brand:System Three Epoxies
- Product Code:1230K
- Availability:In Stock
- Mix Ratio by Volume: 100:50
- Mix Ratio by Weight: 100:41
- Total Solids: 100%
- Mixed Viscosity: 4,000 cps
- Mixed Color: Amber
- Coverage @ 250 microns (10 mils): See Appendix A
- Maximum Service Temperature: 170°F (75°C)
- Minimum Application Temperature: 50°F (10°C)
- Lap-Shear Strength, psi.:
- Polyester Laminate: 2,800
- Concrete: 1,100
- Wood (Maple): 1,800
- Aluminum: 2,200
- Galvanized Steel: 1,900
- Copper: 1,700
- Gel Time @ 77°F (25°C): 30 Minutes (100g mixture)
- Tack Free Time @ 77°F (25°C): 3 Hours
GelMagic is a toughened, non-sagging, two component, structural epoxy adhesive designed for superior bonding to wood and most porous materials. It is unique in that it starts as two self-leveling liquids, which form a soft, thixotropic, sag-resistant paste when mixed. Measuring is easily accomplished by either volume or weight. GelMagic requires no additional modification with fillers and can be applied to vertical and overhead surfaces without running, eliminating the mess and waste associated with other epoxies. GelMagic exhibits exceptionally high peel strength and employs a state of the art, two-phase epoxy morphology, which creates an adhesive bond that is tougher, more resistant to embrittlement and has better elevated temperature properties than other room temperature cured epoxy adhesives. GelMagic can be post-cured up to 140ºF for even greater performance. Two hardeners are available: Regular and Slow (for extra-long working time). See the Technical Data Sheet (link to TDS) for more detailed information.
- • For use above and below the waterline.
- • Bonds are permanent, non-brittle, highly impact and creep resistant.
- • Features a convenient 2:1 mixing ratio.
- • Resin and hardener are in a liquid state for easy measuring and mixing.
- • After mixing, GelMagic forms a self thickening, "thixotropic”, easy-to-spread gel, that will not run or sag on vertical or overhead surfaces.
- • Will not shrink upon curing; fills large gaps without loss of strength.
- • Unique color indicator (blue) disappears when resin and hardener are thoroughly mixed.
- • Can be dispensed through most simple lever action, gear or displacement metering systems.
- • Available in cartridges that dispense with a conventional caulking gun.
Mixed at a 2 to 1 by volume ratio, GelMagic will cure at temperatures as low as 35ºF. Two color component system aids in determining a complete mix. Mixes to a pre-thickened, non-sagging state. No fillers needed.
100% waterproof, structural marine adhesive that forms superior bonds to wood, composites, aluminum, mild and stainless steel, concrete and most porous materials.
Specifically designed for optimum adhesive properties. Not a general-purpose resin made for coating and then modified with filler to act as an adhesive. When fully cured, it is unaffected by water, oil, kerosene, and many other chemicals. It will not stain wood and is immune to fungus and rot. GelMagic is ideal for stitch-and-glue, plywood, strip built and glued lap strake construction. Also use GelMagic as a high strength, gap filling, waterproof adhesive for general woodworking and architectural applications.
What is a u-TAH™ Cartridge?
See our blog entry that discusses the u-TAH Cartridge.
For health and safety information concerning this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for this product. Click here for the MSDS section of our website
GelMagic hardeners ship as hazardous and will incur additional charges when shipped via air. Ground shipments generally do not have additional hazard charges. We will contact you with the details of any additional charges before shipping your order.