T-88 is a high-performance, non-brittle, two-part epoxy adhesive designed to give superior results under adverse conditions. The adhesive may be used without modifications in normally fitted joints, and will cure in any thickness without shrinkage. T-88 is clear amber and becomes virtually invisible when varnished. T-88 exhibits outstanding adhesion and permanence on a wide variety of materials, and is endorsed by leading designers, builders and organizations.
• Mix at a convenient 1:1 by ratio.
• Exhibits outstanding adhesion on a wide variety of materials.
• May be used to glue damp wood provided T-88 is worked well into the surface.
• Meets the requirements of the following product specifications: MIL-A-81236(OS), MMM-A-134(1) and CID A-A-3053.
• Available in cartridges that dispense with a conventional caulking gun.
For well over 25 years T-88 has been the most widely used structural adhesive for marine and general woodworking use in the United States. Mixed at a 1:1 by volume ratio, T-88 will cure at temperatures as low as 35ºF. When fully cured, it is unaffected by water, oil, kerosene, and many other chemicals. It will not stain wood and is immune to fungus and rot. T-88 is unique in that it may be applied to damp wood, provided it is worked well into the surface.
Amber. We offer epoxy dispersed pigments in black, white, red, yellow, blue, brown, and green so you can make your own colored epoxy.
- Mix Ratio by Volume: 100:100
- Mix Ratio by Weight: 100:83
- Total Solids: 100%
- Mixed Viscosity: 9,000 cps
- Tensile Strength, psi: 7,000
- Flexural Strength, psi: 11,500
- Lap-Shear Strength, psi:
- Polyester Laminate: 2,800
- Concrete: 1,100
- Wood (Maple): 1,800
- Aluminum: 2,000
- Galvanized Steel: 1,800
- Copper: 1,650
- Lap-Shear Strength vs. Temperature (Aluminum Tensile Shear) psi:
- 67°F: 2,500
- 75°F: 2,000
- 150°F: 1,300
- 180°F: 1,000
- Heat Deflection Temperature: 119°F (49°C)
- Maximum Service Temperature: 160°F (71°C)
- Minimum Application Temperature: 35°F (2°C)
- Coverage @ 20mils: 80 ft2/gal (2 m2/L)
- Gel Time @ 77°F (25°C): 60 Minutes (100g mixture)
- Full Cure @ 77°F (25°C): 72 Hours
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 1230K
- Weight: 0.45kg
- Dimensions: 12.70cm x 5.08cm x 20.32cm