S-1 is a two part Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer. Mixed at a simple 1:1 ratio S-1 is extremely effective at prolonging the service life of all woods, concrete, metals and fiberglass reinforced polyester for marine use only. S-1 is ready to use with no thinning required. It displays excellent wetting properties on most surfaces. S-1 has a long pot life and can be applied with a brush, roller or spray equipment. It is completely waterproof and suitable for use above or below the waterline. S-1 is a superb undercoat primer for most paints and clear finishes featuring strong adhesion to most substrates with minimal surface preparation. S-1 does not require sanding between coats if recoat time is less than 24 hours. It is resistant to salt air, mild acids, alkalis, chemicals and solvents. S-1 is not recommended for gas tanks containing unleaded gasoline.
For Wood: S-1 seals effectively against moisture and oxygen, helping to protect against wood rot. It is ideal for yacht interiors, shelving, cabinets and furniture.
For Concrete: S-1 is an excellent moisture barrier for concrete surfaces.
For Metals: S-1 helps to prevent oxidation and chemical exposure effects including staining and tarnish.
For FRP (fiberglass): Coat polyester laminates with S-1 to provide complete moisture resistance that the fiberglass by itself cannot provide. Use as a first sealer step in gelcoat blister repair, after the blisters have been ground out.
Add System Three Epoxy Paste Pigments up to 10% of the Part A Resin to make colored S-1 Sealer.
S-1 contains flammable, hazardous, petroleum solvents and must be handled more carefully than our other solvent-free products.
- • Simple 1:1 mix ratio
- • Ready-to-use viscosity, no thinning required
- • Excellent wetting properties on most surfaces
- • Applies by brush, roller, or spray
- • Long pot life
- • Waterproof
- • Strong adhesion to most substrates with minimal surface preparation
- • Non-brittle even at extremely low temperatures
- • No sanding required between coats up to 24 hours
- • Resistant to salt air and water, and mild acids, alkalis, chemicals and solvents (Not unleaded gasoline-proof).
Clear. We offer epoxy dispersed pigments in black, white, red, yellow, blue, brown, and green so you can make your own colored epoxy.
S-1 Sealer ships as hazardous and will incur additional charges when shipped via air. Ground shipments generally do not have additional hazard charges. We will contact you with the details of any additional charges before shipping your order.
- Mix Ratio by Volume: 100:100
- Mix Ratio by Weight: 100:94
- Total Solids: 50%
- Mixed Viscosity: 100 cps
- Mixed Color: Clear
- Application Temperature Range: 59°F to 104°F (15°C to 40°C)
- Coverage (wet) @ 250 microns (10 mils): 300-350 ft2/Gal
- Maximum Service Temperature: -4°F to 160°F (-20°C to 72°C)
- Tack-free Time @ 77°F (25°C): 4-6 Hours
- Full Cure @ 77°F (25°C): 24-36 Hours
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 1400K
- Weight: 1.00kg
- Dimensions: 6.00cm x 5.08cm x 10.00cm