- Physical Properties
- Hardener Selection
- How Much Do I Need?
SilverTip Epoxy is a medium-low viscosity, liquid epoxy resin system that has been optimized for coating and reinforcing fabric saturation in wood-composite boatbuilding. It will outperform any other product in these applications. SilverTip Epoxy is designed for use with fiberglass, Kevlar®, Dynel® and graphite as well as on bare wood. It has superior wet-out characteristics with little tendency to foam or trap air. Both the resin and hardener are nearly colorless and are used in an easy 2:1 volumetric ratio. SilverTip Epoxy cures to a brilliant blush-free film with either the fast or slow hardener eliminating secondary bonding concerns as experienced with other epoxies. The working time is longer than most boat building epoxies without extending cure time. The cured film is tough and resilient with better heat resistance than other epoxies cured at room temperature. Fillers, wood flour, and bulking agents can be combined with SilverTip Epoxy, however, we suggest using the other members of the SilverTip Series for adhesive, filleting and fairing applications.
Use at a simple 2:1 volume ratio with either the fast or slow hardener. Use at temperatures as low as 35ºF with no limitations on humidity. Even at lower temperatures and higher humidity this resin will not blush on curing. The medium-low viscosity of SilverTip Epoxy wets out fiberglass cloth quickly and allows for use "as is" for either coating or fiberglass work.
• Exceptionally fast wet-out of fiberglass and other reinforcing media.
• Superior defoaming properties and little tendency to float fabric.
• Resistance to print-through.
• Has excellent hot weather performance following a mild post-cure compared to most room
temperature cure resin systems.
• Cures without forming an amine blush with either the fast or slow hardener.
• Cures quickly to a sandable state (no sanding required between coats when recoating within 72 hours).
Sandable same day with fast hardener.
• Features a convenient 2:1 mixing ratio.
• Use either a slow or fast hardener or blend the two hardeners for even more flexibility in working time.
• Cures exceptionally clear for bright finished applications.
• Compatible with all 2-part and most 1-part marine primers.
• SilverTip Slow Hardener can be post-cured for even greater high temperature resistance and elevated mechanical specifications.
SilverTip Epoxy has been formulated as an optimized system for coating and fiberglassing wooden boats, the repair of fiberglass boats and for use with carbon fiber sporting goods & autobody parts.
- Mix Ratio by Volume: 100:50
- Mix Ratio by Weight: 100:43
- Total Solids: 100%
- Mixed Viscosity: 700 cps
- Mixed Color: Colorless to Light Yellow
- Coverage See Appendix A
- Maximum Service Temperature: 160°F (70°C)
- Tensile Strength, psi: 7,900
- Tensile Elongation: 8.0%
- Flexural Strength, psi: 13,000
- Flexural Modulus, psi: 420,000
- Compressive Strength, psi:
at yield: 13,000
at failure: 26,000
- Gel Time @ 77°F (25°C):
Fast Hardener: 26 Minutes (100g mixture)
Slow Hardener: 60 Minutes (100g mixture)
- Tack Free Time Thin [email protected] 77°F (25°C):
Fast Hardener: 3 Hours
Slow Hardene:r 6 Hours
- Minimum Application Temperature:
Fast Hardener: 35°F (2°C)
Slow Hardener: 55°F (13°C)
USE THIS CHART TO CHOOSE YOUR HARDENER
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 0900A
- Weight: 1.75kg
- Dimensions: 12.70cm x 5.08cm x 25.40cm