EZ-Fillet is a wood flour-filled two-part putty specifically designed for stitch-and-glue wooden boat construction. Its ketchup-like, self-leveling consistency allows it to be measured by volume or weight. The resin (part A) is brick red in color while the hardener (part B) is a deep, dark green. A rich brown wood tone results when the two parts are combined indicating complete mixing. The putty thickens after mixing to form an easy to spread thixotropic compound which will not run or sag. EZ-Fillet has been designed for superior strength and workability and can be used by itself to create smooth cosmetic fillets or as a structural fillet when combined with fiberglass cloth.
• Simple two component system; requires no additional modification with fillers or thickeners.
• Identical consistency every time.
• Smooth non-sagging formula spreads easily and stays put.
• Formulated specifically for filleting applications.
• Superior strength with flexibility over a broad surface.
• Two color system ensures complete mixing.
• Sands easily.
• 100% waterproof; for use above or below the waterline.
• Compatible with most marine primers and topcoats.
Use at a simple 2:1 volume ratio. Once mixed and applied EZ-Fillet cures overnight to an exceptionally strong fillet, which may be sanded for fiberglass tape. Alternatively, the tape can be applied after EZ-Fillet starts to get stiff. Use SilverTip Laminating Resin for this purpose and work EZ-Fillet under the wet tape for a smooth, bubble-free composite. Another way to achieve a smooth fillet is to let EZ-Fillet get fairly stiff and then smooth with a rag soaked in paint thinner. Sand lightly after curing before applying tape.
SilverTip EZ-Fillet hardeners ship as hazardous and may incur additional charges when shipped via air. Ground shipments generally do not have additional hazard charges. We will contact you with the details of any additional charges before shipping your order.
- Mix Ratio by Volume: 100:50
- Mix Ratio by Weight: 100:44
- Total Solids: 100%
- MIxed Viscosity: Thixotropic
- Mixed Color: Reddish-Brown
- Coverage See Appendix A
- Minimum Application Temperature: 50°F (10°C)
- Gel Time @ 77°F (25°C): 60 Minutes (100g mixture)
- Tack Free Time @ 77°F (25°C): 6 Hours
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 1430K
- Weight: 1.00kg
- Dimensions: 15.24cm x 15.24cm x 25.40cm