SCIGRIP 16 (Weld-On 16) is a very high strength, clear, medium bodied, fast curing, solvent-type acrylic cement. Applied to cast, molded or extruded acrylics, it will affect initial bonds very quickly so some parts may be handled within a few minutes. Bond strength continues to develop very rapidly reaching a substantial level and forming strong joints within hours. This product may be thinned with SCIGRIP 3 by approximately 10%. Initial bond forms very quickly so some parts may be handled within a few minutes of application. Joints are water and weather resistant and will generally have similar physical and chemical properties to acrylic plastic.
SCIGRIP® 16 (Weld-On 16) is especially formulated to bond acrylic (poly-methyl methacrylate) plastic. It can also be used for bonding styrene, butyrate, PVC, ABS and polycarbonate, as well as other plastics and porous surfaces.
SCIGRIP 16 (Weld-On 16) is recommended as an excellent general purpose, high strength acrylic cement. It is especially useful where fast cure and high strength are desired for applications such as large housings, signs, plastic letters, industrial fabrications, display items, lenses and models.
Thick product is pre-thickened, as such it can not be dispensed through a fine solvent applicator.
• Parts to be joined should be clean and fit without forcing.
• Apply SCIGRIP 16 to one or both surfaces with brush, polyethylene squeeze bottle or gun.
• If cement is applied to one surface, bring the two surfaces in gentle contact for several seconds to allow the dry surfaces to be softened.
• Assemble with firm pressure while parts are still wet.
• Hold or clamp assembled parts firmly until initial set. Joint strength will increase greatly in 24 hours. Thereafter, strength will continue to increase
gradually for some weeks.
|Cure Time||80% 24hrs|
|Viscosity||800 ± 100 cps|
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 10319
- Weight: 0.10kg
- Dimensions: 15.24cm x 5.08cm x 2.54cm